lunes, 13 de febrero de 2017

The Walker Tadpole


The frog's son, rinrin tadpole,
left this morning so taut and so nice
with crop pants, tie in style,
curb hat and wedding's leather jacket.
"boy, don't go out!" yelled mom,
but he did her an expression and smug he left.

Drawing by Gado


He found in the road a neighbor mouse,

and said to him: "Friend! come with me, 
visite together to Mrs. Mouse 
there will be spread and there will be big meal".


Shortly after they arrived and the mouse advanced, 

stretch out the neck, take the large knocker,
give two or three knocks, inside ask: "Who is?"
"Me, Mrs. Mouse, I kiss your feet"


"Are you at home?" - "Yes sir, I am, 

and I celebrate a lot see you today,
I was in my trade, spinning cotton,
but it doesn't matter, welcome!".


They made the salut, they shook their hands,
and said Ratico, who is senior:
"My friend, the green one long for hot,
give him a beer, do me the favor".

While the imp dring the mug,
Mrs. ordered to bring the guitar,
and ask to the tadpole to sing
some cheerful verses and elegant tune.

"Ow! I would love to do it,
but is impossible make you happy now,
I have the gullet more dry that burlap,
and is too tight this new clothes".

"I'm so sorry, reply rat aunt,
loosen up a little your vest and tie,
and meanwhile I sing you
a special song".

Being in this amazing dance and beer performance
guitar and song,
the cat and its cats jump from the threshold,
and become it in the final judgment.


Drawing by Gado
Mrs. old cat carved for the ear
to the boy Ratico meowed: "hi!"
and the little cats to the old rat
one in the paw and other in the tail.


Seeing this storming,
Mr. tadpole took his hat, gave an enormour leap,
and opened the door with hand and nose,
he went out giving to everyone "goodnight".




He continued leaping so high and quickly,
that he lost his hat, ripped his shirt,
he sneaked in the mouth of a glutton duck
and this bloated him in a single pull.


And thus conclude one, two and three,
Mr. mouse, Mrs. mouse and the tadpole then,
the cats eat and the duck had dinner,
and mom frog stayed alone.


Tale by Rafael Pombo

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario